Monday, August 30, 2010

Potter's Hand

Transition - II Originally uploaded by @k@sh

Potter hand I typed into the search engine today after I looked at the lectionary readings for this coming sunday. I've preached this passage before A bit like wesley having favourite passages I think we all do to preach from this is one oh mine.

I found this short film The Potter it's about 7 mins long and had me mesmerised, it's a animation but don't let that put you off.

They say a picture paints a thousand words... this little film really does that for me. As the little girl learns how to be a potter spinning a small beaker time after time it goes wrong. But she never gave up and put in the time and the effort. and it cost her.. 

one thing this said to me was how today we want everything now... fast food, Tv on demand, we're impatient...

That impatience coming through in our walk with God... yet something though may be good for us to have now without learning how to use the gifts and talents slowly could end up leading us into trouble. Thinking we can do this alone...

at the end of the movie the creature teaching the girl breathes onto a lump of clay it starts to come to life..

only when she follows the lead and puts her hand in his does she really come to life and begins to do the things that he does....

mentoring is a buzz word coming alongside another not doing it for them but encouraging them into who they really are and can be... That's not just an important thing for my patch but for all the place that God has called us to...

Not sure yet if I will play it in the service  maybe...

No comments:

Post a Comment