Friday, September 10, 2010

Neighbours

I will make justice the measuring line 

       and righteousness the plumb line; 

       hail will sweep away your refuge, the lie, 

       and water will overflow your hiding place.

Isaiah 28:17

That's the passage that I used over on my photo blog (here). 

Today has been my day off. So I jumped on the train down to Putney, my favourite place to get away. I do the same thing every time I go more or less. charity shops, coffee at sally's, watch the river, up to the exchange, then back on the train home.

What's with the passage and how does that fit in with a day off ?

walking home from the station I walked through the train arch and into the local park.  Passing by other residents other neighbours. neighbours that to most people are the bottom of the pecking order as they pass by. 

Today was a good day, it's warm and dry, yesterday it rained heavy, soon the long cold nights will draw in and the days are often not much better.

but for today at least there was time to rest and sleep. 


I don't know the story of the two guys asleep on the bank. Last winter I did sit and listen to those who ate with us at robes, story's of heart ache, life, of bad choices, of redundancy, of false promise. 



No comments:

Post a Comment