Saturday, June 11, 2011

127 hours


I'd heard a lot about this film and last night I ordered it pay per view as there was nothing on tv.. The film is a true story of Aron Lee Ralston. In May 2003  while canyoneering in Utah, he was in a freak accident after 127hours trapped he choose to amputate his right arm with a dull knife in order to free himself from a boulder in order to save his life. He writes about his experience in between a rock and a hard place

Ralston did most of his adventures alone and on the day he left had told no one where he would be going and left no note.. 

The question that ran through the film for me after the boulder fell trapping him was how far are you willing to save life.. 

How far are we willing to go to save life... to go out into our patches to bring the message of life. 

What am I willing to give up how far am I willing to go for the gospel message. It interesting that Jesus himself 

 RalstonComments on his experience during one of his speaking engagements 

“I didn’t lose something that day. I am here to show you that, yes, I left my hand behind in that canyon, but I gained my life back. I regained the beauty, the joy, the vibrancy and the euphoria of being alive.”

What do we find when were loose our lives into Christ... Life life in all its fulness..

How far are we willing to go to save life to introduce those in our patches the ONE who is able to bring life life that is real that is true that as ralston suggests who is the one who gives us the ability to regain "the beauty, the joy, the vibrancy and the euphoria of being alive.”





2 comments:

  1. It also speaks to me of being accountable ... not always doing it alone

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah,

    at the end of the film there's the what happened next thing that comes up one of them is that he now allways tells where he is going...

    theres also a interesting section where he's loosing it and talking to himself as if on a radio show and there explores the insanity of not letting anyone know and going it alone

    ReplyDelete